Date Published: April 7, 2015
Application: Energy Measurement
Manufacturer: Delphin Technology
Measurements: 4-20mA, Consumption, Current, Digital, Other, Pulse, Resistance, Voltage
Download the PDF version
Log Temperature, Voltage, 4-20mA current, and more
As part of the ongoing need to save on energy costs, optimizing energy use has become a priority not just for high-consumption industries but for businesses of all sizes. To accomplish this it’s often necessary to simultaneously acquire process and energy data and to identify the correlations between them. Delphin Message systems are ideal for such measurement and analysis tasks. Delphin’s scalable devices can be installed at the process site and then used for process control as well as for acquiring analog data via mA interfaces.
A field bus connection is also possible. Meter readings can be acquired via digital inputs. Pulses from the meters are cumulated by the Message devices into power and usage data. This data, along with process data, can then be evaluated and output in reports using Delphin’s intuitive ProfiSignal software.
- Establishes a combined network of energy and process measurement
- Stationary energy data acquisition
- Independent and secure energy data acquisition without the need for PC support
- Easy to analyze correlations between processes and energy consumption
- Monitoring of consumption and output
Delphin systems are successfully used in the fields of process technology, test engineering, and research and development. Delphin’s range includes:
- ProfiMessage systems are designed for use as modular measurement, control and monitoring units. ProfiMessage devices process any signal quickly and reliably from just a few thermocouples right up to thousands of measurement points spread over several plant areas.
- TopMessage systems are being used around the world in many different data logging, data acquisition and testing applications. TopMessage devices process signals at high speed as do ProfiMessage systems.
- LogMessage Data Loggers are advanced high-speed data loggers for demanding applications. They are suitable for stand-alone data logging, product testing, quality and reliability testing, process monitoring, research and development, and fault analysis. Virtual internal channels allow calculations, statistics, and various other functions.
Delphin Technologies data loggers/data acquisition systems solve a variety of measurement and control problems in industrial applications. They feature different analog and digital input and output modules that can be used with a wide range of signal types including: voltage; 4-20 mA current; thermocouple; RTD; and resistance. These units also offer powerful alarm and programming capabilities allowing instruments to process measurements and initiate actions on their own.
Delphin systems can be used for local data acquisition and logging when connected to a PC; for remote unattended data collection connected to the internet; or as a stand-alone device. Delphin products offer:
- ProfiSignal for the automation of testing benches
- The AMDT module for vibration monitoring and analysis
- Remote monitoring of plant and machinery using ProfiSignal Go software
- Operating DAQ and intelligent processing with Message devices
- Supplying individual solutions (mobile, control cabinets, 19-inch....)
- Developmental services (processing, user interfaces, databases)
- Start-ups and training
Categories Related To This Application
The below links will lead you to a listing of products to the respective category.
- 4-20mA Data Loggers
- Custom Data Loggers
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Data Acquisition and Control Systems
- Data Loggers for Machine Monitoring
- Delphin Data Loggers and Data Acquisition
- Delphin Monitoring and Process Control
- Energy Audits
- Energy Power Monitoring
- High Speed Data Loggers
- Industrial Data Loggers
- Remote Monitoring Systems
- Voltage and Current Data Loggers
Products Related To This Application
TopMessage systems are being used around the world in many different data logging, data acquisition and testing applications. They have been used successfully in the fields of process technology, test engineering, and research and development. TopMessage devices process any signal fast and reliably from just a few thermocouples right up to thousands of measurement points spread over several plant areas.
- Modular and scalable
- Universal inputs and outputs
- High accuracy with up to 24-bit resolution
- Can handle 30 analog inputs or 48 digital inputs
- Connect up to 10 slave devices for extended functionality
ProfiMessage is a new generation of modular data acquisition systems for industrial process monitoring, test stand automation, fault isolation and vibration monitoring.
- Industrial grade enclosure
- 2 Slots for analog or digital input or output cards
- Ethernet interface
- CANbus for expansion modules
- Screw terminal connections
- Up to 16 GB of local memory
- USB Master interface for USB stick memory
- Two PROFIBUS interfaces
- Four serial interfaces
- Signal conditioning within device
- Universal inputs and outputs
- Extended functions / software channels