Date Published: November 11, 2015
Application: Oil and Gas
Manufacturer: Delphin Technology
Measurements: 4-20mA, Current, Pressure, RTD, Thermocouple, Voltage
Download the PDF version
GPS Communications Ensure an Accurate Clock
The Delphin LogMessage is a stand-alone operating device for acquiring, monitoring, calculating and logging measurement data. It is equipped with a 3.5GB memory for logging up to 250 million measurement values. Recently a Spanish oil & gas consulting company, Sumelco Technologies, is proposing to use these data acquisition systems for remote data collection. CAS DataLoggers briefly outlines the requirements and features in the following Apps Note.
What Sumelco Does:
Remote Control: Automation
- Process Automation
- Remote Measurement
- Building Automation
Alarms: Traffic and Information Systems
- Information systems
Data Logging: Energy
- Smart Grid, Smart Metering
- Energy Efficiency
Gas Pipeline Pressure Control by GPS:
Oil & Gas companies’ interstate pipeline networks and systems extends for hundreds of kilometers across the world. This target project is the latest in an ongoing industry effort to control gas leakages across the main pipeline networks.
Sumelco’s proposal incorporates the Delphin LogMessage series dataloggers. The LogMessage's analog inputs are differentially and galavanically isolated from each other as well as from the power supply. Earth loops and non-isolated sensors therefore present no problem. All analog inputs can be used universally and are capable of measuring any type of thermocouple, RTD, voltage or current signal. Channel configuration takes place via the easy to use DataService Configurator software included with the delivery.
Data Logger Requirements:
- High Speed 4-20mA data acquisition for online pressure reading
- Datalogging with high memory capacity 4GB
- Autonomous datalogger. NO PC connected!
- Filtering functions: low pass filter
- GPS clock update and position
- External communications with dataloggers and memory recorded by Delphin’s dll. Customer is developing a .NET solution with the API.
Once configured, the Delphin LogMessage can operate standalone and requires no PC support. Configuration and data readout takes place via a network interface. LogMessage's two serial ports enable connection of a modem for remote access, or for other hardware to be connected for data transfer purposes. Alarm notifications and text messages may also be transmitted using a GSM modem. By operating the LogMessage device within a network, measurement data can be transmitted online and processed using the ProfiSignal Go software.
GPS Communications for an Accurate Clock:
Decentralized Data Acquisition with LogMessage and ProfiSignal Software:
Filtering mA Input with Calculation Channels:
- S0 = X0
- S1 = a*X1 + (1-a)*S0
- S2 = a*X2 + (1-a)*S1
LogMessage devices are supplied with the powerful ProfiSignal Go software. ProfiSignal Go is a professional PC software for the online and offline monitoring and analysis of measurement data. If you already use other measurement technology software, the full service package includes LabVIEW™ and DASYLab™ drivers, Modbus TCP and OPC Server.
Categories Related To This Application
The below links will lead you to a listing of products to the respective category.
- 4-20mA Data Loggers
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Data Loggers for the Oil and Gas Industry
- Delphin Data Loggers and Data Acquisition
- Delphin Testing and Automation
- High Channel Count Data Acquisition
- Industrial Data Loggers
- Remote Monitoring Systems
- RTD Data Loggers
- Thermocouple Data Acquisition Systems
- Voltage and Current Data Loggers
- Industrial Data Acquisition
Products Related To This Application
ProfiSignal Go is a runtime system enabling measurement data to be displayed and analyzed in just three steps. The Go version is able to analyze large volumes of offline and online data.
- Data acquisition and recording
- Data analysis and calculations
- Online and offline trends
- Data export and print outs
The LogMessage 1000 is equipped with 15 analog inputs and a sampling rate of up to 600 measurements per second. The inputs can be used for data acquisition of mV, mA signals or any type of thermocouple. All inputs have differential and galvanic isolation.
- 600 Hz sampling rate
- Analog inputs(mV, mA, thermocouple): 15
- Analog inputs(mV, mA, thermocouple, RTD): none
- Analog outputs(mA): none
- Digital inputs(counter): none
- Digital outputs: none