7 Useful Features of DT8X Series Data Loggers
Date Published: September 4, 2012
Advanced Alarming and Communications Capabilities
CHESTERLAND OH—September 4, 2012
CAS DataLoggers has partnered with bestselling manufacturer dataTaker to offer customers the new dataTaker Series 3 Intelligent Universal Data Loggers. Get an immediate notification the moment your values go out of specification, such as when temperature starts to rise and poses a threat to equipment and products. CAS DataLoggers offers customers these cost-effective single solutions which give users many alarming and communications features—here are just seven:
- The ability to push data directly to the user either by FTP or e-mail on a regular schedule—there’s no need for polling or specific host software.
- The intelligent DT8X series has the ability to put itself to sleep between samples and to schedule triggers, thus extending battery life.
- The dataTaker modem datalogger models have the ability to register with a free DNS service such as dyndns.org, so there’s no need for a SIM card with a static IP.
- All dataTaker DT8X models have the ability to perform high-level math functions. This can be used to scale non-linear transducers and probes, as well as handle any post-processing that needs to be done to the data before it’s unloaded.
- DT8X loggers can send and receive data via MODBUS which allows them to aggregate data from PLCs, control systems, and even other dataTakers. They can communicate via Modbus over USB, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, and Ethernet.
- The powerful alarming functions of the DT8X series can allow them to act as a simple PLC. Their digital IO can be used to control relays, lights, buzzers, etc., providing control in a single system.
- With the correct network setup, users can remotely monitor the dataTaker DT80 from anywhere in the world using its intuitive web interface.
These intelligent systems also offer additional powerful alarm and programming capabilities allowing them to process measurements and initiate actions on their own. Additionally, dataTaker dataloggers can be used for local data acquisition and logging when connected to a PC; for remote unattended data collection connected to a centralized computer via modem or the internet; or as stand-alone devices.
Gain a powerful, versatile communications suite including RS232 with modem support, Ethernet, and USB memory stick ports so that users can connect locally, remotely, or over the Internet. FREE user-friendly software is included with a built-in web interface allowing users to configure the datalogger, access logged data, and see real-time measurements as mimics or in a list using a web browser.
Request More Information
If you need information right away or prefer to speak with a person, call us and one of our Experienced Applications Engineers will be happy to talk with you. You can reach us at 1-800-956-4437 during our normal business hours Monday - Thursday from 8am to 5:30pm and Friday 8am to 4:30pm (EST).
After filling out the form below, an applications engineer will contact you within at least one business day. Fields that are not required are recommended to be filled out so that we can better assist you.