5 Reasons to Use WiFi Temperature/Humidity Monitoring
Date Published: October 9, 2012
Low-Cost Wireless Data Loggers Protect Your Inventory
As wireless monitoring and alarming is becoming even more widespread and affordable, many supply and cold chain companies are turning to WiFi-capable devices to monitor their inventories for temperature and humidity. Now CAS DataLoggers can help you save on costs and time with the new WiFi Temp/Humidity Combo Data Logger, perfect for your needs in a wide variety of industries including food and beverage storage, warehousing, and more. User-friendly and designed to fit your budget, these convenient recorders help protect your products from damage in the following 5 ways:
- WiFi Remote Monitoring: This data logging sensor measures the surrounding temperature and humidity to protect your costly supplies and also features Wireless connectivity to a PC by sending the data over a WiFi network where it can be viewed remotely. The sensor’s integrated display allows you to view the strength of the WiFi signal and find the best sensor placement. Recording temperature at a range of -20°C to +60°C (-4°F to +140°F) and relative humidity with a typical accuracy of ±3.0 RH, the datalogger is rated IP 55 to ensure it keeps logging your data even in extreme environments.
- Automatic Data Recording: Able to log more than 500,000 data points, the new datalogger automatically records and stores readings in its internal memory if the sensor temporarily loses connectivity until it is able to communicate again with the PC application (max 2 months at 10-second sample interval). Once the network is restored, it will then upload all readings to the PC. If need be, you can easily increase the range of the sensor by using WiFi extenders. This low-powered device operates on a rechargeable internal lithium polymer battery--when configured using typical sampling periods (for ex. once every 60 seconds) the sensor will keep logging for over a year, and the battery can then be recharged via PC or a USB +5V wall adapter using the micro USB lead provided.
- Remote Alarming Features: The logger’s display shows current readings as well as the configurable high and low alarm settings. You’ll immediately register alarm breaches on the integrated display and on your PC’s screen by the audible alert and visual indications, keeping you on top of any sudden threats to your inventory before they can go unnoticed and spoil.
- FREE PC software: It’s easy to perform the logger’s simple set-up, data logging, and data review. Users can view and analyze multiple sensors using the PC application with all devices viewable simultaneously on the host PC and also view immediate graphing of historic data. Set-up features include sensor name, choice of logging in Celcius or Fahrenheit, sample rate, and high/low alarms. Once configured, historic data can be viewed via the graphing tool or exported into Excel, making your data organized and highly accessible.
- Ease of Use: The new WiFi logger features direct-to-USB connection and simple functionality to make it easy for you to check your readings and set up preferences. The display also shows the Max & Min temperature and humidity readings. Lightweight and compact to fit anywhere you need to monitor, the monitor stands by itself on any horizontal surface and includes a wall bracket that can be screwed onto a wall or flat surface.
Request More Information
If you need information right away or prefer to speak with a person, call us and one of our Experienced Applications Engineers will be happy to talk with you. You can reach us at 1-800-956-4437 during our normal business hours Monday - Thursday from 8am to 5:30pm and Friday 8am to 4:30pm (EST).
After filling out the form below, an applications engineer will contact you within at least one business day.
* Indicates a required field.
Fields that are not required are recommended to be filled out so that we can better assist you.