Date Published: December 10, 2012
Application: Product Anouncements
Download the PDF version
World-Famous for Their Rugged Construction
Across many industries, businesses are replacing their increasingly vulnerable legacy systems. An ideal replacement machine needs to offer companies years of dependable operation to monitor and control their critical processes. CAS DataLoggers is dataTaker’s master distributor for North America and offers the new Series 3 dataTaker Intelligent Data Loggers boasting a rugged design and high-quality construction. Designed to meet the needs of almost any application and focusing on versatility across many different measurement types, dataTaker devices are built to last even in the face of harsh environments. Our large inventory also includes the industrial I series, environmental E series, the modem-equipped remote M series, and more. Take advantage of the improved reliability and functionality of our dataTakers!
Our dataTaker data loggers have withstood:
- Falling off of moving trucks
- Being caked with pet food (just a quick cleanup and it was back to work!)
- Long-term exposure to a harsh-salinity environment during environmental monitoring
- Recent installation in the middle of the Mojave desert inside a metal box (our workhorse, the DT80)
- Travelling into the eye of a tornado—twice! One of our DT800s was used by a stormchaser who installed it into a tornado probe.
- Working in the vacuum of space--Our dataTakers have even been on board a NASA space shuttle and on the International Space Station (ISS), monitoring experiments conducted outside the station—you can’t get any tougher than that!
These systems are ideal to measure Temperature, Voltage/Current, 4-20 mA loops, Strain gauges, Digital, and almost any other signal. Featuring a built-in web server and extensive communications capabilities including Ethernet, USB, Serial and cellular models, dataTaker Series 3 devices also offer powerful alarm and programming capabilities to allow these loggers to process measurements and initiate actions all on their own.
Now you’ll get an immediate alarm the moment your value goes out of specification on dataTaker dataloggers, such as when temperature starts to rise and poses a threat to your equipment and products. This one feature can more than pay for your new system in a single event when you consider the production delays that could easily happen using a legacy system and waiting for a repair that might take days if it comes at all.
These systems also include FREE user-friendly software--dEX is an intuitive graphical interface built-in with dataTaker loggers that allows you to configure the data logger, view real-time data in mimics, trend charts or tables, and retrieve historical data for analysis. dEX runs directly from a web browser and can be accessed anywhere that a TCP/IP connection is available, including worldwide over the Internet.
If you're not sure which dataTaker might be best for your application, speak with one of our experienced Applications Engineers at 1-800-956-4437 and we can help you select the best automated solution for your project.