7 Ways an Intelligent Data Logger Can Automate Your Process
Date Published: December 18, 2012
Our dataTaker Loggers Handle All Data Collection and Alarming
The food processing and product manufacturing industries are increasingly turning to data loggers to monitor their critical values, but intelligent data loggers are available to offer businesses so much more than just recording of data. As the master distributor for all dataTaker products, CAS DataLoggers provides these solutions for a wide variety of applications in remote monitoring, for automotive and aerospace data collection, environmental monitoring and in geological and environmental uses. Our Applications Specialists have put together 7 quick reasons your company can benefit with a dataTaker system automating your application:
- Automated Continual Monitoring—Our dataTaker systems completely automate data collection, eliminating both the inaccuracy of manual measurements and the time it takes to record them by hand.
- Programmed Alarming—This vital feature often pays for the logger by itself, alerting your business to a potentially disastrous loss of product or developing equipment failure that could seriously threaten quality or even halt processes entirely.
- Onboard Data Storage—With our dataTakers you don’t have to use expensive and replaceable cards to store the memory—just log onto USB or the logger’s large internal memory for extended logging. Store up to 10 million data points in user-defined memory and log as much or as little as you need with independent control of schedule size and mode. Automatically overwrite or stop logging once allocated memory is full.
- User-friendly Graphical Interface Software—All dataTaker loggers include FREE dEX software which is easy to learn and enables quick creation of logging schedules to automate your process. The Windows Explorer-style interface is simple to navigate and configure, getting you started on your project ASAP.
- Automatically Push Your Data to FTP—The included software also makes it easy for dataTaker loggers to periodically push the data automatically via FTP to a server without any user interaction required. This ability provides data directly to your office over the Internet or mobile phone network without any need for polling or specific host software. You can also pick the format of the data, for example saving as .CSV for use with common applications such as Excel.
- View Your Data at a Glance—Using the software, you can easily setup dashboard displays which mimic dial and gauge readouts so your data is easy to read even at a distance. These real-time readouts are great process indicators and you can use an HMI display (Maple etc.) for even clearer organization.
- Advanced Calculation and Analysis Capability—Utilize advanced mathematical calculations including arithmetic, trigonometric, relational, logical and statistical functions. For example, you can setup your logger to automatically totalize data to get an accurate view of productivity, event counts, volume, energy production/consumption and more. Using the calculation capabilities of the dataTaker, it is quite easy to capture cumulative totals as well as to total over a particular period of time such as a day, week or month.
Our rugged dataTaker dataloggers easily connect to most sensors and data measurement sources, scaling and logging almost any physical value including temperature, voltage, current, 4-20mA loops, resistance, strain gauges, frequency, and more. They also provide an impressive array of communications features including RS232 with modem support, USB, Ethernet and USB memory stick ports so users can connect locally, remotely, or over the Internet. Save your business valuable time and labor by learning more about our intelligent monitoring technology.
Request More Information
If you need information right away or prefer to speak with a person, call us and one of our Experienced Applications Engineers will be happy to talk with you. You can reach us at 1-800-956-4437 during our normal business hours Monday - Thursday from 8am to 5:30pm and Friday 8am to 4:30pm (EST).
After filling out the form below, an applications engineer will contact you within at least one business day. Fields that are not required are recommended to be filled out so that we can better assist you.