LogMessage LM6000 High Isolation Data Logging System
Universal measurement and monitoring
LogMessage devices are specifically designed as universal data loggers. The complete package consists of the LogMessage device and ProfiSignal Go software, enabling you to measure and analyze immediately and without detours. Customers praise the very intuitive configuration and the extensive possibilities offered by this device.
- Reliable data logger including potential isolation
- 8 to 30 analog inputs in nine different versions
- Universal inputs for thermocouples, RTDs, mV or mA signals
- High-precision differential inputs with up to 24-bit resolution
- Galvanic isolation, isolation voltages of up to 650 V
- Digital inputs and outputs, counter and frequency inputs
- Storage capacity of up to 1 billion measurement values (standard = 250 million)
- Measurement data portrayable as trends and exportable in ASCII format
- Excellent return on investment
- LAN interface for configuration and data transfer
- Serial interfaces, Modbus RTU and TCP/IP
- A range of internal calculation and logic channels
- Monitoring and alarm functions
- ProfiSignal Go software included in package
LogMessage works completely independently as a data logger for acquiring, monitoring, computing and storing measurement data. The internal data memory allows continuous recording of up to 250 million samples. LogMessage is available in nine different styles.
Every LogMessage is delivered with the professional PC software ProfiSignal Go, used for online/offline monitoring and measurement data analysis. Just three steps are required to display measurement data as trends, to analyze the data, and to evaluate offline data.
Other software is available for all types of applications:
- ProfiSignal Go : Software for data acquisition (included)
- ProfiSignal Basic : software for process visualization and monitoring
- ProfiSignal Klicks : software for the automation of process and measurement procedures
Systems are delivered to match user requirements: e.g. long-term monitoring, machine monitoring, or remote monitoring.
Examples of LogMessage
- Data Logger for fault diagnostics
- Energy efficiency measurements
- Experiments and product testing
- Remote data transfer via GSM / UMTS
- Testing and test stand automation
- Service data recording and fault detection
- GPS Logging
Included in Delivery of a LogMessage logger:
- LogMessage Device
- ProfiSignal Go software
- Drivers for LabView ™ and DASYLab ™
- Modbus TCP and OPC Server Interface
- OCX driver to enable self-programming
LogMessage data loggers are universal. Delivery includes the ProfiSignal Go software to
enable professional evaluation of online and offline data.
LogMessage devices function intuitively making it easy to
configure inputs, to save data, and to display data as trends.
LogMessage devices are designed for permanent operation
and can be depended on to perform reliably over the long term.
A Range of Interfaces
- LAN interface
- Device configuration and online data transfer to PC
- Link to UMTS-routers
- Log memory read-out
- Modbus TCP for data transfer using PLC
- USB interface
- Log memory read out
- Serial interfaces
- 4 x RS232/485
- Customer-specific protocols (ASCII)
Universal Sensor Connection
LogMessage devices are precision instruments that can be switched via software to function with any type of sensor.
- Universal use of analog inputs for mA-, mV-signals, RTDs, or any thermocouple
- Signal rate of 0.1 Hz to 10 kHz
- Digital inputs suitable for up to 90 VDC
- Frequency inputs up to 35 kHz
Galvanic Isolation Included
LogMessage devices are fully protected against earth loops enabling measurements from non-isolated sources.
- All analog inputs can function as differential inputs
- Isolation voltage between analog inputs: 110 VDC to a maximum of 650 VDC
- Galvanic isolation between power supply and each interface
- No earth loop problems
Secure Data Storage
The LogMessage's data storage capability enables it to function without PC or network support.
- 3.5 GB of memory for 250 million data records
- Each measurement data record is recorded with a time-stamp (date and time – at microsecond precision)
- Measurement data can be assigned to groups and used as triggers
- No data loss in the event of power failure
- Alarm management with pre and post alarm data
Comprehensive Signal Processing
Software channels, configurable according to requirements, can be used for online calculation, monitoring, and many other functions. This enables data to be generated that is immediately usable.
- Online calculations performed on measurement data (e.g. temperature differentials)
- Integration functions (e.g. flows to volumes)
- Limit value monitoring with alarm functions (switching digital outputs)
- Counter function and operational data acquisition
Resolutions for Demanding Requirements
LogMessage devices are suitable for both slow- and high-speed measurements. Time resolution for analog measurement data is at 100-μs precision levels; digital resolution at millisecond precision. The devices are equipped for precision measurement
with 24-Bit ADCs.
Web Server Included
LogMessage devices are equipped with internal web servers. The standard version displays current measurement data in a channel list as well as extensive configuration and maintenance information. In combination with the ProfiSignal WEB option, views can be generated and loaded into the LogMessage in HTML5.
Software channels are capable of performing computations on online measurement data, and used for visualisation, storage or monitoring purposes. The processing of signals takes place independently within the LogMessage device and requires no PC support. There is virtually no limit on the number of software channels that can be used. Software channel computations run parallel to data acquisition and logging. Software channels are included in delivery.
ProfiSignal Go is intuitive functioning measurement data software for recording, trend portrayal, analysis and export. Online measurement data can be observed in a trend while evaluating archived in another trend.
Installation is very simple. It takes just a few mouse clicks to go from sensor connection to trend output. ProfiSignal Go is user friendly and supplied free of charge with every device.
There are virtually no limits to trend portrayal for online and offline measurement data. Archived and online measurement data can be evaluated without having to interrupt ongoing measuring procedures. This is a unique function that is especially valued by customers.
In addition to y (t) diagrams are y (x) - and logic diagrams. The ProfiSignal Go Toolbox contains trend functions such as movable axes, zoom functions, cursors, markers and data export (e.g. as CSV or EMF files). Using the toolbox is self-explanatory. Configured trends can be saved and reused.
For visualization and automation functions, software upgrades to ProfiSignal Basic and ProfiSignal Klicks are possible at any time.
ProfiSignal Go also provides alarm management. A global alarm list provides a clear portrayal alarm notifications in tabular form. Alarm settings for the monitoring of over-runs, under-runs, process violations, status outcomes etc. are configured using the DataService/Configurator software. Measurement data can also be used to trigger specific actions, e.g. sending text messages or emails or switching digital outputs.
Interfaces and Drivers
Delphin products are equipped with drivers and interfaces to enable the import/export of data to external hardware and software. Laboratory equipment (e. g. scales, analysis/output devices) can be connected via USB and RS232/RS485 interfaces. A variety of protocols are available.
PROFIBUS and Modbus are used for data transfer between process control systems. The following interfaces are available for third-party software:
- OPC Client
- Modbus TCP-driver
|Voltage/Current Measurement Ranges||± 156 mV ... ± 10 V / 0/4 ... 20 mA|
|Sensors||Thermocouples of any type; integrated temperature compensation;
resistance thermometer RTD, NTC and linear resistances to 10 kΩ
|Potential isolation||750 VDC to the system and power supply;
650 VDC between channels for LogMessage 5000;
100 VDC between channels for LogMessage 4000;
110 VDC between channels for other versions
|Resolution||24-Bit precision V, mA 0.01 % from accumulated value;
14-Bit measurement precision:V, mA 0.1 % from accumulated value for LogMessage
4000; Pt100 0.1 K; Pt1000 0.1 K; thermocouple 0.1% from accumulated value
|Potential isolation||2,5 kV|
|Input measurement range||low: 0 ... 1.5 VDC@0 ... 1.5 mA / high: 3.5 ... 90 VDC@2 mA|
|Frequency / Counter Inputs|
|Potential isolation / measuring range||2.5 kV / low: 0 ... 1.5 VDC@0 ... 1.5 mA / high: 3.5 ... 90 VDC@2 mA|
|Measurement frequency||up to 30 kHz at TTL-level|
|Potential isolation||2,5 kV|
|Switching voltage||max. 50 VDC@2.5 A|
|Standard size / measurement data||Partitionable storage, standard: 3.5 GB; max. 250 million measurement records|
|Max. size / measurement data||15.5 GB; up to 1 billion measurement records;
15.5 GB; up to 7 billion measurement records for LogMessage 4000
|Mechanical design COM 1 / COM 2||RS485, 9-pole Sub-D-connector, DIN EN ISO 19245-1|
|Mechanical design COM 3 / COM 4||RS232, 9-pole Sub-D-plug|
|Protocols COM 1 ... COM 4||Modbus RTU Master / Slave, customer-specific protocols|
|Ethernet||RJ45 (8-pole STP-connector), 100 BaseT protocol:
TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, NTP, Modbus TCP Client / Server
|USB||USB 1.1 for memory read out|
|CAN||9-pole Sub-D-connector, protocols: CAN Raw; baud rates: 50 k ... 1 MBaud|
|General Technical Information|
|Dimensions||200 x 73 x 118 mm|
|Rail mounting||DIN EN 50023 or screw fixings|
|Signal connections||Detachable screw terminals, 33 terminals in 2 rows, lead protection,
connecting cabling max. 2.5 mm˛
|Temperature range||-20 ... 60 °C|
|Power supply||12 ... 36 VDC / 12 ... 28 VAC eff. / ± 10%;
LogMessage 4000: 18 VAC/DC power input: < 10 Watt
If you need information right away or prefer to speak with a person, call us and one of our Experienced Applications Engineers will be happy to talk with you. You can reach us at 1-800-956-4437 during our normal business hours Monday - Thursday from 8am to 5:30pm and Friday 8am to 4:30 pm (EST).
After filling out the form below, an applications engineer will contact you within at least one business day. Fields that are not required are recommended to be filled out so that we can better assist you.