Data Logger Product Selection Guide
An Excerpt From
"How To Choose The Ideal Data Logger"
We field hundreds of calls and emails weekly addressing the same question: “Which of the data loggers you carry best fits my application?” Whether you are an engineer working out the details of your latest project or buyer filling a requisition, the number of available options when choosing your data logger can be overwhelming. For that reason, the majority of the calls begin with a simple question: “What exactly are you looking to accomplish?”
Consider your short- as well as long-term needs. Are looking to solve a specific problem (short-term) or are you looking for a generic tool to handle current requirements as well as being flexible enough to handle future requirements (long-term).
In general, we try to ask specific questions to help us determine which products are most suitable for the customer including:
- How many inputs are required?
- What type of inputs are needed?
- How often do you need to take a reading?
- How much data needs to be stored?
- How will the data logger be used?
- How will you communicate with the data logger?
- What other requirements does the application have?