Portable Data Logging Systems
If you need Portable Data Loggers for measurements in the field, laboratory or factory floor, there are a wide variety of solutions that are perfect for these applications. The portable devices fall into two categories:
- Those with dedicated inputs to measure common parameters such as temperature, humidity, voltage or current. Examples of this class of devices would be the TandD MCR-4V and Grant OQ610.
- Universal input models that can be configured to accept a wide variety of different types of sensors like the Grant SQ2020-1F8.
What Makes Portable Data Loggers Portable?
While nearly all data loggers can be considered portable to some extent, there are five important features that distinguish systems designed explicitly for portable use:
- Internal batteries, either easy replaceable or rechargeable for stand-alone operation
- Built-in display for easy viewing of live data without a PC
- Keypad to directly start/stop logging without other equipment
- Large internal memory for extended operation
- Easy connection for sensors with screw terminals or plugs
Custom Portable Data Logging Systems
In some cases, it is not possible to find a standard portable data logger to meet all of the requirements for a specific data logging application. If this is the case, a custom system can be engineered to satisfy your needs. Some of the features of these systems include:
- Rugged, weather resistant cases for protection during shipment and operation
- Custom connectors for thermocouples and other sensors for quick setup
- Battery packs for extended operation
- Custom sensors and cables
Not sure what you need?
Download our guide on "Choosing the Right Data Logger for Your Application".