Wireless Data Loggers for All Types of Applications
Our selection of wireless data loggers is one of the best you will find anywhere. There are specific models that for of the common measurement signal types including voltage, current, temperature, and humidity plus universal input data loggers that can be easily configured for a wide range of signal/sensor types. More and more of our customers are moving to wireless data logging systems because of the advantages they offer including:
- Support for distributed measurements where there are a number of points in different, separate locations
- They eliminate the difficulty and cost to run wires from the measurement points back to a central location
- They can take measurements at points on a moving object that prevents the use of wired sensors
- They can collect data from a vehicle while it is in transit
- They allow data and/or alarms need to be collected from a site that is difficult to access or does not offer regular internet connectivity.
- WiFi – One of the most popular options, wireless data loggers such at the TandD TR-72wf, Grant Squirrel SQ2020WiFi or dataTaker DT80W utilize a standard 802.11 wireless network interface to send data to a PC or to the cloud-based TandD Web Storage Service. For reliable operation, the logger typically needs to be within 100-150 feet of the WiFi access point
- ISM – These products utilize a proprietary wireless communications protocol to send data to a base station using the license-free Industrial, Scientific and Medical (ISM) radio frequency bands which typically operate at either 928 MHz or 2.4 GHz. Products in this category like the TandD RTR-500 family and Novus AirGate have a range of a few hundred to a few thousand feet.
- Bluetooth – For short range communication up to 100 meters, Bluetooth or Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) products like AEMC L452 and TandD TR41 provide a very convenient way to transmit data between the logger and a PC or cell phone/tablet.
- Cellular – We carry a number of wireless data loggers that utilize a built-in cellular modem to transfer data from remote sites or from moving vehicles. These products including the dataTaker DT82em, Influx Rebel, and Infinite ADU-500 offer the convenience of getting data from anywhere cellular service is available.
- Infrared Optical – In some applications it may not be an issue of distance but rather a matter of maintaining the physical integrity of the connection where there is water, dirt or dust in the environment. Simple loggers like the TandD TR5i series offer a water-resistant case to allow wireless data transfer at a very low cost.
- Spread Spectrum – In certain applications where the transmitting and receiving points are separated by hundreds of feet to miles, spread spectrum modems can be used to build point to point systems for remote monitoring applications for wells, pump houses, and outbuildings.
Need help selecting a product?
With all of these choices, selecting the right product for your application can be quite confusing. We are here to help! Speak with one of our trained Application Specialists today at 1-800-956-4437 or contact us here and we can guide you through to help you find the best products for your project.
Not sure what you need?
Download our guide on "Choosing the Right Data Logger for Your Application".