AC Voltage Data Loggers
- Dedicated low-cost single channel AC voltage loggers including the Accsense Electrocorder EC-1V and AEMC L261
- Three phase AC voltage loggers like the Accsense Electrocorder EC-3V
- Combination AC voltage, current and power loggers including the Accsense Electrocorder EC-7VAR and the AEMC PEL 102 / 103 / 105
- Power quality analyzers such as the AEMC 8333 and 8336 for high-speed measurement of trends and transients
- Universal input loggers matched with AC voltage transducers
The choice of which AC voltage logger is best is largely determined by the type of voltage measurement required by the end application. AC line voltage data loggers, which are the most common, are designed to take multiple measurements over one or more line cycles where the line cycle frequency varies by country. From these measurements, the AC voltage data logger can return one or more of the following values:
- Average AC Voltage
- RMS AC Voltage
- Minimum and/or Maximum voltage over one or more cycles
- Peak voltage.
The requirements of the application determine which of these is most appropriate, average or RMS voltages can be used to monitor long-term trends over periods of seconds to minutes, minimum/maximum values are used to monitor for sags or surges which may just last a few cycles and peak values can be used to isolate spikes that last a fraction of a power line cycle.
If you have an application that can’t be satisfied with one of our standard AC voltage data loggers, universal input data loggers from dataTaker, Delphin and Grant Instruments can be used with external voltage transducers. Several different transducer manufacturers are available to assemble voltage data logging systems for specialized applications including voltages and frequencies outside of standard AC power lines and variable frequency drives. In addition, if the application requires the measurement of AC voltage along with other sensor inputs such as temperature, pressure, flow, DC voltage, etc. the universal input loggers can accept the output of all types of sensors to provide a packaged solution to complicated projects.
Need help selecting a product?
Call us at 1-800-956-4437 to talk with an experienced application engineer about your AC voltage data logger requirements or contact us here!
Not sure what you need?
Download our guide on "Choosing the Right Data Logger for Your Application".