Universal Input Data Loggers Support Multiple Types of Sensors
Universal Input Data Loggers are among the most popular and most flexible products offered by CAS DataLoggers. These versatile devices can be configured via software to measure voltage, current, thermocouples, strain gauges, pressure sensor, flow meters and many other sensor types. While they are more expensive than single-purpose loggers, Universal Input Data Loggers offer a number of advantages:
- They can easily accommodate changes to project requirements after the fact.
- They allow simultaneous monitoring of multiple analog and digital signal types with one data logger–for example, recording temperature using a thermocouple, voltage output of a pressure sensor, and totalizing the pulse output of a flow meter
- Many models offer local intelligence to allow calculation of derived values, complex triggering and alarming within the unit itself
- They allow the use of a common software across multiple project types saving time and money for training.
- They can easily be reused for new projects without having to purchase additional hardware
When selecting a universal input data logger having a clear picture of the present and potential future requirements is key to choosing a model that offers the best value. Our sales engineers are trained to guide you through the selection process by asking the right questions including:
- How many inputs are required?
- What types of inputs are required?
- What sample rate is needed?
- How much data has to be stored in the datalogger?
- Are there any special triggering requirements?
- Does the project require alarms?
For more details on selecting a data logger, please download our guide “Choosing the Right Data Logger for Your Application”.
Our selection of advanced universal input data loggers includes the Fieldlogger from Novus Automation, the Squirrel SQ20xx family of portable data loggers manufactured by Grant Instruments, the very popular dataTaker DT8x line of data loggers, and the high-performance ExpertLogger series from Delphin Technology.
Need help selecting a product?
Not sure what you need?
Download our guide on "Choosing the Right Data Logger for Your Application".