Data Logging with Real-Time Pre-Processing of Data
ADwin Real-Time systems are ideal for intelligent data acquisition and control applications. Utilizing the programmability of the local CPU in the ADwin, users can run real-time datalogging and/or control programs with kHz execution speeds up to the MHz range. CAS DataLoggers offers these systems along with technical support– contact a CAS Data Logger Applications Specialist at (800) 956-4437.
ADwin’s Adlog data logger software combines with ADwin’s hardware capabilities to open new fields for intelligent datalogging applications. ADwin is designed for use in automotive test, ECU test, CANbus applications, test system integration, and more.
- Take advantage of intelligent data acquisition with online analysis in real-time.
- Complex triggering performed at every sampling step.
- Perform mathematical calculations online in the ADwin system including statistics such as RMS, min/max, mean, integral, derivative, correlation, digital filters, FFT, signal analysis, etc.
- Execute sampling based on timer, angular encoder, internal or external trigger, etc.
- Run other functions in addition to data acquisition on the same system including open- and closed loop control functions and signal & waveform generation.
Adlog Datalogger Software Features:
- Visualize current data of the ADwin system on the PC
- Store results in selectable file formats on the PC or on a Server
- Ready-to-use measurement routines for all ADwin systems
- Supports many different types of input modules including analog/digital inputs, counter, encoder inputs, CANbus interface, serial interface, SPI, etc.
- Can be integrated into any ADwin application for data acquisition or control
Adlog consists of two parts—a data collection routine that runs on the ADwin system, and a display and storage application that runs on the PC. ADwin provides over two dozen sample routines for data collection for different types and input configurations.
The PC application reads the data from the ADwin, graphs it, and logs it to one or more files. Up to 8 graph windows can be displayed and data can be plotted vs. data index or time. ADwin also has facilities to scale the data and apply different mathematical functions (such as a low pass filter) before the data is plotted.
Data can be saved as ASCII, binary or DIAdem format. It can be saved in a single file or in multiple time-stamped files. Recording can be started manually or can be triggered based on data from the ADwin. The software allows for recording pre-trigger data and for limiting the length of the recording interval.