Network Analyser and Diagnostics
Module Analyser is a 5 in 1 easy to use CAN bus analyser with the following advantages:
- Automotive OBD ISO15765 Scan tool and J1939 functions
- Automotive UDS support ISO14229
- Integrated ODX/MDX editor
- CAN and LIN BUS monitoring via DBC/LDF files
- Data acquisition and logging
Why user Module Analyser?
Typically CAN network analysis tools require you to use a seperate application for automotive such as J1939, UDS diagnostics, module reprogramming and CAN monitoring functions. Module Analyser brings these features together in a single environment.
Module Analyser can build a framework ODX file in minutes for any UDS compliant production vehicle. It does this by scanning the module for valid reponses. This unique functionality gives you access to the database which simply often is not available on the CAN bus. The ODX file created by the scan process can be transferred to our data loggers for continuous monitoring.
CAN BUS Monitoring
Module Analyser gives you the ability to capture, view and monitor CAN BUS and LIN BUS traffic. It can be used to monitor the CAN network bus integrity and for troubleshooting.
Some of the useful CAN monitoring functions are:
- Filters can be added to narrow your search
- Signals can be imported to the database from the CAN DBC & LIN LDF file. (Or manually added.)
- Data can be viewed on scopes, LEDs and gauges
- Messages can be periodically transmitted onto the network by using the message constructor.
CAN and LIN node simulation – record and playback received messages, line-by-line, complete or cyclically. Use filters to define only the required messages and import a previously recorded trace to simulate other network devices.
Module Analyser supports ISO15765 and ISO14229 diagnostic protocols. It also supports ODX and MDX diagnostic databases.
In the basic OBD mode this enables:
- EOBD/OBDII data retrieval and analysis and single click reports.
- Live monitoring of emissions parameters. This includes data such as engine speed, vehicle speed, engine temperature, manifold pressure, intake air temperature etc…
- Monitor and clear emissions trouble codes (DTCs)
- Read vehicle information
In the extended mode the following advanced functions are also possible:
- Monitoring engine parameters from address and parameter identifiers (DIDs)
- Read and write DIDs
- Fast data acquisition
- Acquire and clear advanced diagnostic trouble codes
- Execute test routines
Data Analysis is included in Module Analyser enabling you to monitor live data graphically. In record mode, data can be post analysed and exported to the format of your choice.
Some of the data analysis functions include:
- Twin cursors
- Zooming in/out on points of interest
- Sample points
- Easy to manipulate signal axis
- Calculated channels
Several export formats supported including MDF, Vector ® DAT, MathWorks® MAT, S3T and CSV.
Module Analyser Plus version is enabled for module reprogramming.
- Security mode access
- Retrieve VID blocks
- User defined routines include Seed & Key
The Module Analyser Plus version supports Pass Thru J2534 compatible devices. Module Analyser can now be used with the Rebel CT and Rebel LT data loggers. Module Analyser is recommended with the following devices:
- All Kvaser CAN or LIN hardware interface devices
- TotalPhase Komodo CAN Duo interface device
- Pass Thru J2534 compatible such as Drewtech™ Mongoose
Some Softing™ Gmbh and Vector™ Gmbh devices are compatible. (Please contact us for more details.)