Current Data Loggers
Large selection of AC & DC current data loggers for residential, commercial and industrial needs. Single- and three-phase models with single- and multi-channel options. Ranges up to 300 Adc and 3,000 Aac.
Current data loggers are used in all types of applications including solar and wind power generation, electric vehicles, equipment monitoring, generator monitoring and power studies. When choosing current data loggers there are three important questions that help identify the product or products that will meet your needs:
- Do you need to measure AC current or DC current?
- What is the range of current that needs to be measured?
- Do you need to measure any other signals in combination with the current such as voltage, temperature, etc?
AC or DC Current Measurements?
The hardware required for AC is quite different from that used for DC current measurements. AC current measurements are performed by using a current transformer or Rogowski coil sensor placed around the current carrying conductor and an instrument that takes multiple samples during an AC power line cycle, either 50 or 60 Hertz depending on the region. DC current measurements are much simpler. In many cases, a simple resistive current shunt sensor and a simple voltage measurement are all that are required.
What is the Expected Value of the Current?
Current data loggers can measure all type of currents from microamps (.000001 Amp) to thousands of amps. Broadly, the range of measurements can be split into three groups:
- Milliamp Current Measurements: Within this group, 4-20 mA DC current (sometimes called current loop or process current) is by far the most common. Dedicated loggers such as the Versalog DCC-HR and Lascar EL-USB-4 are designed specifically for 4-20 mA current measurements.
- Current Measurements Between 1 and 100 Amps: In the case of DC current measurements within this range, using a current shunt transducer is recommended to convert the current to a voltage that can then be measured with a standard voltage data logger like the Versalog DCV-2 or TandD MCR-4V. For AC Current measurements in this range, current transformers that go around the current carrying conductor or wired current transducers can be used to connect directly to the conductor.
- Currents Greater Than 100 Amps: For DC measurements, a Hall Effect current sensor which clamps around the wire is the easiest to use. For AC measurements, either a current transformer or Rogowski coil like those supplied with the Accsense Electrocorder EC-3A can be used to measure currents in the kA range.
Does the Application Require Other Measurements?
Combination loggers are available to measure both current and voltage in DC models such as the Electrocorder DC-3VA and AC models like the Electrocorder EC-2VA or EC-7VAR.
Universal input data loggers from dataTaker, Delphin Technology, and Grant Instruments can measure current and a wide variety of other parameters such as temperature, pressure, flow, run time and much more. A transducer can be recommended or provided to convert the desired current into a signal that the logger will accept for a packaged solution.
Showing all 14 results
Electrocorder EC-7VAR3 Phase AC Voltage, Current, Power and Energy up to 600Vac and 3kAac. $1,995.00
AEMC PEL 103Single, Split, & Three Phase Power Logger with 6 Inputs & LCD Display. $1,995.00
Electrocorder PV-3DC Voltage Up to 300Vdc & Current Up to 100Adc Plus Solar Irradiance. $2,775.00
Electrocorder DC-3VA2 DC Voltage Channels Up to 300Vdc, 1 Current Channel up to 100Adc. $1,999.00
Electrocorder EC-2VASingle Phase AC Voltage & Current Up to 300Vac and 300Aac. $865.00
AEMC PEL 102Single, Split, & Three Phase Power Logger with 6 Inputs without Display. $1,750.00
AEMC L562 TRMS2 Channels: 1 Voltage Input 0-600VAC, 1 AC Current Input 0-1VAC. $439.00
AEMC Powerpad III 83333 Phase Power Quality Analyzer, 4 Voltage & 3 Current Input Terminals.
AEMC Powerpad III 83363 Phase Power Quality Analyzer, 5 Voltage & 4 Current Input Terminals.
Electrocorder EC-3A3 Phase AC Current with Rogowski Transducers Up to 3kAac. $1,040.00
AEMC PEL 105Waterproof, Single, Split, & 3 Phase with 5 Voltage & 4 Current Channels. $3,050.00 – $3,850.00
AEMC CL607Clamp-On, Current: 0-2000AC, 0-3000DC, Voltage: 0-1000VAC/VDC. $550.00
AEMC CL407Clamp-On, Current: 0-1000AC, 0-1500DC, Voltage: 0-1000VAC/VDC. $475.00
AEMC L1022 AC Current Inputs From 0 to 1VAC, User Selectable Storage Modes. $409.00