Wireless Temperature Monitoring
Wireless temperature monitoring solutions are used for many different applications where it is inconvenient or impossible to directly connect to the measurement device to view or retrieve the data. These temperature data loggers incorporate wireless communications for applications where a network or wired connection to the data logger is not practical, where there is a large distance between the measurement and monitoring location or where the monitoring point is moving or in a vehicle.
Benefits of Wireless Temperature Monitoring:
- Eliminate the need to physically connect to the measurement device.
- Capture data from multiple separated locations in one spot.
- Receive real-time data and alarms.
- Capture data from goods and shipments in transit
By combining a wireless temperature monitoring system with cloud-based software for data storage and presentation, you can build a very powerful system that will allow you to view data from one or more location virtually anywhere you can get a network connection.
Types of Wireless Temperature Monitoring Systems
There are four main types of wireless temperature data loggers:
- Bluetooth – wireless data loggers such as the TandD TR-4 Series that connect to a mobile device of Bluetooth base station
- WiFi – wireless data loggers that connect directly to an existing WiFi network or to a PC or mobile device via an ad-hoc connection. Examples include the dataTaker DT8xW, Grant Instruments SQ20xx-WiFi, and TandD TR7xWF data loggers.
- Industrial Wireless Radio (ISM) – data loggers that connect to a base station. Wireless systems like the RTR-500 Family from TandD with a range of up to 500 feet are ideal for applications like a warehouse or sending data between buildings.
- Cellular – devices including the dataTaker DT8xM, TandD RTR-500MBS and Infinite ADU-500 incorporate a cellular modem to send data from the measurement location to either the cloud or a dedicated server.
Selecting a Wireless Temperature Monitoring System
When choosing a wireless temperature data logger, the most important factors to consider are:
- The distance between the measurement location and the receiving site including any obstacles
- The communications infrastructure available at the measurement location
- The amount of data to be transferred.
- The allowable delay in transmission of data or alarms
- Power availability for the data logger
Showing 1–16 of 26 results
TandD TR-71wf Temperature Data Logger2 Channel WiFi Temperature Data Logger with External Sensors $207.00
T&D TR-75wf Wireless LAN Temperature Data LoggerWireless LAN Temp Logger for Thermocouple Sensors $207.00
RTR-502 Wireless Temperature Data LoggerWireless Temperature Data Logger with External Sensor $167.00 – $252.00
RTR-501 Wireless Temperature Data LoggerWireless Temperature Data Logger with Internal Sensor $147.00 – $232.00
VersaLog WF-TC WiFi Thermocouple Data LoggerWiFi Thermocouple Data Logger $688.00
T&D RTR-505-TC Wireless Thermocouple Data LoggerWireless Thermocouple Data Logger $237.00 – $322.00
Lascar EL-WiFi-DTC Dual Channel WiFi Temperature Data Logger2 Input WiFi Temperature Data Logger with External Probes $315.00
Accsense A1-13 Wireless Temperature Data Logger3 Channel Wireless RTD Monitoring Pod
Lascar EL-WiFi-DTP+-PROBE-G Vaccine Temperature MonitorWireless Datalogger with 2 Thermistor Probes and Glycol Bottles for Vaccine Storage Temperature Monitoring $383.00
Lascar EL-WiFi-TP+-PROBE-G Vaccine Temperature MonitorWireless Datalogger with Thermistor Probe and Glycol Bottle for Vaccine Storage Temperature Monitoring $289.00
TandD WiFi Economy Refrigerator Freezer Monitoring Kit$325.00 – $440.00
Accsense Wireless Vaccine Storage Temperature Monitoring Kit
Accsense Wireless Standard Refrigerator Freezer Monitoring Starter Kit
Accsense Wireless Ultra Low Temperature Monitoring Starter Kit
Accsense Wireless Cryo Monitoring Starter KitFor medical refrigerators, freezers, cryogenic storage and incubators.
VersaLog WF-TH WiFi Thermistor Data LoggerWiFi Thermistor Data Logger $688.00