Real-Time Control System for PID, ECU Test Stands, and More
Effective Proportional-Integral-Derivative (PID) control requires devices with high sampling rates for real-time speed. Designed and manufactured in Germany, ADwin control systems are ideal benchmark systems for PID control, especially open-loop and closed-loop control. Industrial and automotive applications are sure to benefit from their high sample rate (to 4 MHz per channel) and true real-time processing for precise control capabilities.
Real-Time Control with Fast Feedback
ADwin systems support parallel, individually-controlled processes while running in real-time independently of the PC’s operating system. These systems provide deterministic operation with I/O response times of 1 uSecond or less. ADwin’s key feature is its tightly-coupled analog and digital inputs that provide extremely low-latency operation.
ADwin systems are available in three form factors:
ADwin offers a variety of other I/O options including Counters/PWM/Encoders, CANbus, SSI, Profibus/Fieldbus, Ethernet, and Serial.
Automotive Control Applications
ADwin data acquisition systems are used for real-time testing of Automotive components, sensors and electronic control units (ECUs), electrical component test, control of servohydraulic systems, motion control, signal/waveform generation, and high-speed data acquisition.
System Resources in 100-1000 kHz Range:
- Fast, Flexible Digital Programmable Controllers
- Closed-Loop: Multi-Axis Controllers
- Open-Loop: Large Lookup Tables
Vibration Test Stand Control:
- Devices Under Test:
- Automotive and Aerospace Components
- Material and Structural Tests
- Test Stand Requirements:
- Hydraulically, Pneumatically, E-shaker
- Single and Multiple-Axis
- Numerical and Field-Recorded Test Profiles
- Parallel Functions on a Single ADwin System:
- Function Generators, Digital Controllers
- Feedback Measurement and Online Analysis
- Devices Under Test:
Hardware in the Loop (HIL) and ECU Test Control:
- ECU Test
- Airbag, Engine, ABS, Turbines, etc
- Stimulation of Sensor-Output Signals
- ECU Stimulation
- Feedback Acquisition and Analysis
- Example Airbag ECU Test System:
- Simulation of Analog and Digital (SPI) Acceleration Sensor
- CAN Rest Bus Simulation
- CAN, CAN-FD*
Intelligent Data Acquisition:
- Programmable Online Evaluation
- Complex Triggering Conditions, Data Reduction
- Time-Triggered, External Triggers, Angular-Based Triggered
Ask Our Engineers!
Whether your application requires PID control, automotive test, or another form of industrial control, CAS DataLoggers has the ideal solution for your needs. Our Inside Engineering Department has the expertise to get your application up and running ASAP. We offer custom programming, system design, wiring, training, and technical support for ADwin and all our other products. Call today to learn more!
For more information on ADwin Real-Time Control Systems, or to find the ideal solution for your application-specific needs, contact a CAS Data Logger Applications Specialist at (800) 956-4437 or request more information.